Wednesday, May 30, 2007

psalm 13

Psalm 13

1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.

In such times, we are vulnerable to wrong assumptions and conclusions about life, about God, and about prayer. In Psalm 13, David wrestled with the problem of unanswered prayer. He questioned why the world was so dangerous and pleaded for answers from God.

It’s a hard psalm that David sang, and it seems to be one of frustration. Yet, in the end, his doubts and fears turned to trust. Why? Because the circumstances of our struggles cannot diminish the character of God and His care for His children. In verse 5, David turned a corner. From his heart he prayed, “But I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.”

In the pain and struggle of living without answers, we can always find comfort in our heavenly Father. —Bill Crowder

i have wondered what happenes if my prayer don't get answered by the end of thse 21 days? would i lose faith? God spoke me through this psalm.... to continue to trust in Him and find comfort and joy in His salvation.... i am continuing to believe.... even though some things do seem impossible.... with God all things are possible.... few more days to go.... to home!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugs.. It takes the faith of a cornerstone to be able to sing the psalm of david.. Can't wait for you to come back! Hugs