Wednesday, August 30, 2006

why i am so blessed...

  "ALL OF THE DAYS OF THE AFFLICTED ARE EVIL, BUT HE
WHO IS OF A MERRY HEART HAS A CONTINUAL FEAST."
( PROVERBS 15:15 *NKJV )

We are all Architects of our own future! The thoughts we
have today dictate what our future holds for us tomorrow.
Therefore a person who has positive thoughts shall have positive
results, just as a person who has negative thoughts shall attract
negative results in their life.

Therefore if we start our day by counting all of our blessings,
and then try to have positive thoughts all day, our hearts will be
indeed merry! And as it is written, "A MERRY HEART MAKES
A CHEERFUL COUNTENANCE, BUT BY SORROW OF THE
HEART THE SPIRIT IS BROKEN." ( PROVERBS 15:13 )

Therefore be thankful for all that you have, for "HAPPY ARE
THE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN SUCH A STATE; HAPPY ARE
THE PEOPLE WHOSE GOD IS THE LORD!"
( PSALM 144:15 ) After all it is then that you will have a
continual feast! So enjoy your meal, and by the way, the
special today is a double helping of God's Love!

Now may "THE GRACE OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST,
AND THE LOVE OF GOD, AND THE COMMUNION OF THE
HOLY SPIRIT BE WITH YOU ALL." AMEN.
( 2 CORINTHIANS 13:14 )

my devotion for the day... and i realised i find it hard to count my blessings or to think about the many blessings i
have in my life... it shouldn't be that hard...but everytime i do, i sorta get stuck at less than 10... am i just not happy
about the things i have or have i taken so many things for granted that they don't seem to make me anything much?
well... i am making myself... list down the reasons why i am a blessed person....

here goes...

1. I am a child of God and He loves me very very much. That's my top reason to be happy bout life!

2. I have parents who love me and every member of my family is still alive ( well, it's still one big imperfect family but
everyone's there)... at least my core family. i can't imagine them not being around... you get what i mean although
they are thousands of miles away.

3. I have supportive loved ones although some of them are so far away.... mua sayang, darlin, yen, yin, michael dog,
chris, bunny... who sayang me a lot lot lot lot lot. there are others also and if you don't happened to be named, i
know you guys care and sayang me lots... thanks loads! *hugs*

4. I don't have to worry bout the essentials of life. well, food, shelter and clothes... okie, sometimes i get very 'fan' bout
cooking cause i am such a lazy person, so just drink powdered soup...but at least there is such a thing as powdered
soup to fall back on... easier than maggi mee... shelter, I don't have to sleep under bridges in the cold... i've got a
super comfy bed, that explains my prolonged absences from the world... I AM SLEEPING.... haha... and a
wonderful bolster to hug which has a blue chicken little bolster cover... so cute! thanks, sayang! and pink piggy to
keep me company so i won't be lonely...clothes... i admit are getting a little tight... but o well, i have been shopping
for the past few weeks... i've got new stuff! wheeee! ( this is quite a lot here... i get quite happy thinking bout these....haha)

5. I am not sick... surprisingly healthy here...with minor bouts of flu....so far, i can run, i can walk, i can jump and shout
and scream! i am happy i am walking around the wards seeing patients and not lying on the bed being seen by a
doctor. if i can scold people and wack people, i am very much ALIVE and WELL... that includes bullying people
who always bully me...

6. Today's a sunny day! hehe... although i didn't go anywhere much except to walk to the grocery shop to buy my
chicken... the crazy bird didn't peck me... thank God (there's this crazy bird who pecks people when they walk
around my area...well, i sorta decided i shan't be scared of a crazy bird and i shall punch it or wack it next time it
tries to bully me... ) i did my laundry... very hardworking of me on a week day... awesome weather to dry my
clothes... threw rubbish... boiled myself chicken soup... the chinese version... i feel quite accomplished...

7. I got 2 days off from hospital! how wonderful can life be... the consultant gave me 2 days off cause he was going
for some conference. haven't got any day off for the past 3 weeks... wonderful!

8. I've got a great 5th year in my rotation and she's gonna go through osce stuff with me... how nice! hehe... and
she's quite keng too...inspired by her... have to learn... to crap it till you make it... and also to have some facts
and sound smart when presenting to the consultant...

9. Actually the more i type and think bout my blessings, the happier i am getting... life seems to be going pretty
well... well, it did seem a lot more mundane before i started typing this list... now i feel... quite happy actually... =)

10. It's warm enough to wear shorts today!!! that's stg to be happy about... i haven't wore shorts for the past 2 -3 mths?
didn't want to freeze my poor butt... hehe... it's back to tracks tonight...well, it's gonna be spring soon!

11. I saw the prettiest purple flowers when i was walking to rainbow halal today... they were alwyas there but today
i had time to actually 'menghayati' them... a bit itchy fingers wanna pluck...but i didn't of course.... no good in
killing poor flowers just cause they looked pretty...

12. Hehe... i actually planned to cook tonight... usually i am just too lazy, tired, can't be bothered... one tip for those
who are bored ,look up recipes online.. can come up with 5-20 minutes recipes which are pretty easy to make,
healthy and taste good as well! so tonight, i am trying out curry chicken with lebanese bread... fry the chicken
with chopped onions and a bit of garlic in oil/butter, and then put curry powder... add a bit of water/milk/santan...
cook till chicken is fully 'masak',,, chop cucumber or line d lebanese/pita bread with lettuce... stuff the bread with
the chicken... and you are set!!!

okie... time to cook now... i am feeling pretty blessed.... all up for studying... another blessing... i didn't study at all
whole day...should be feeling pretty guilty, but since i didn't i might as well said i enjoyed my day... WITHOUT studying....
la la la!!

p.s: i made it to 12 this time.... =P

No comments: