Tuesday, February 28, 2006

on d topic of fasting...

wat is fasting? to me, it's basically abstaining from something that matters to me whether it is food, internet even people.... denying myself things dat i usually take for granted... things dat may be BIG to me and even to an extend may cloud my view of God... eating, sleeping, msn ing on their own is not wrong but these things do take up a lot of my time n suddenly i find myself actually free to do other things... to focus on God and to focus on wat i am contending for...not to let the other stuff in life to sorta deter me... u no, i m bad at focusing, multitasking is not a big problem. can do quite a few things at 1 go... hehe...

altho must say i was never much good at fasting... i m very "tam ciak" la... so ar...fasting is quite tortuous for me... but o well, if i survived 1 wk...think a day should not be too hard, altho sometimes it feels like forever and when everybadi's eating, okie, have to remind myself, focus gal... u r fasting... it's a form of self control... to make my body submit to my brain, more like
ignoring hunger pangs and jus watever, i m blogging, buzz off! hehe...

all in all, i think it's a good thing. besides feeling very hungry n sometimes grouchy.... to actually focus not on the things dat i m abstaining from but to focus on God and to seek Him... hard la, when i m hungry n stomach making lotsa noises n when n i miss somebadi like heck... perseverance is the key... and building something called patience... reminded of wat pastor ashley said last week in church... when we pray... " let Your will be done on EARTH as it is in HEAVEN..." God has already ordained it in heaven but when we pray we bring the spiritual reality and physical reality of it into our lives... contending and believing God for things are yet to be reality in our lives... do play an important part... yes, it's true dat our efforts are like an ant compared to an elephant's and if we only pray but God choose not to answer... it wouldn't make any difference...however, i believe God is a good God and He wants to give good things to His children....

He said, " All good things come from heaven." " Ask and it shall be given unto you. seek and you shall find." " if even sinners give good things to their children, what more God?" pray wid super FAITH! Matthew 21:22 "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

and now... i got to go to uni to play ping pong... God, help me not *pengsan* cos i treat myself as if i am a super woman... haha... i feel good tho... in good spirits...

so far, so good.... *smilez*

No comments: