Monday, January 02, 2006

i believe...

When you are in need of an answer to one of life's problems,
and cannot find the answer, always turn to God's Word. FOR
THE LORD GIVES WISDOM, AND FROM HIS MOUTH COMES
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING. THEN YOU WILL
UNDERSTAND WHAT IS RIGHT AND JUST AND FAIR--EVERY
GOOD PATH. FOR KNOWLEDGE WILL BE PLEASANT TO
YOUR SOUL. DISCRETION WILL PROTECT YOU, AND
UNDERSTANDING WILL GUARD YOU.
( PROVERBS 2:6; 9; 10; 11 )

Also when we turn to the Bible GOD has promised us that;
"I WILL INSTRUCT YOU AND TEACH YOU IN THE WAY THAT
YOU SHOULD GO; I WILL COUNSEL YOU AND WATCH OVER
YOU." ( PSALM 32:8)

He further promised that when we are faced with a decision, if
we ask Him what to do, He will tell us. For it is written,
WHETHER YOU TURN TO THE RIGHT OR THE LEFT, YOUR
EARS WILL HEAR A VOICE BEHIND YOU, SAYING, "THIS IS
THE WAY; WALK IN IT." ( ISAIAH 30:21 )

So, why try to face life's problems alone, for that
can be a losing battle. After all you have the awesome power of
GOD waiting to lead you! So why not; COMMIT TO THE LORD
WHATEVER YOU DO, AND YOUR PLANS WILL SUCCEED.
( PROVERBS 16:3) Then the next time that you ask "What
Would Jesus Do," you may just pick up your Bible and read all
about it in the Gospel's. Amen.

this is today's devotion....being moody and melancholic. it's a new year and it doesn't feel like it. it felt like i have
brought a lot of past year's burdens and baggages into this year...a heaviness of the heart... there were some things
i have not given to God... some things i wish i didn't do... certain things dat i stubbornly persist in doing even
though i no it's not right... and finally wanting to face up to my mistakes...and getting down to making them right
n doing stg about dem....and all seems to be in a hopeless mess of tangles...

and this is what God said to me....
He will help me deal with them....it's not by my own strength... He will go with me, lead me n guide me to untie
every single knot...that threatens to jus screw my life so badly that it'll never be the same again...

being dramtic aint i?

God, help me....i need You...i can't deal with this whole mess myself...i botched up so badly and chose to
do things my own way knowing You didn't approve....i m sorry... I know You won't ignore me cos You love me... and
i do misuse and take advantage of Your love many a times...please dun stop loving me....ever... life won't be worth
anything if You didn't love me.... Your love keeps me sane and alive....please forgive me....my weak will... i must
admit i have failed miserably in many areas... and just let it be because i didn't want to face up to them... i jus
want to be happy... jolly, free.... and yet finding myself getting hopelessly chained....everytime i run away...i get
more trapped in this world i have built around myself....which i find it's not what i want it to be... it's not what You
want it to be... or at least i certainly don't think u want me to live in bondage to this world....for You said....
You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free... and i want to live in this freedom...no longer a captive
of my own doing....of satan... of this world....You came to set the captives free...and i m free.... teach me to live
in this freedom...not to live as if i m still chained...cos u have broken every chain... u have won....the war...u have
set all d prisoners free... the chains r broken, the prison doors r open...y am i living as if i am still imprisoned?
by the ways of this world...by social norms...by the negative influence of my peers...by my own flesh....y? y? y?

because i choose to? or because i am so used to being imprisoned...it's more comfortable to be in my comfort zone
even though it's a prison....or it is because the world out there is scary...unknown territory i choose to stay in my
own cell....safe or so i delude myself....until i am so trapped....and i realise i m no longer free...i am bound by
chains i have put around myself to make me feel safe....secure.... and these chains are starngling me...they r
getting more and more tangled and i am helplessly allowing them to be because i feel so hopeless to free myself...
or wanting to procrastinate or delude myself...it's okie...totally under control... after all, my own chains... i should
have all d keys and locks...

and suddenly it dawned upon me... it's a new year... i have so many issues i have not settle d last year.... and all
these things r gonna affect my life this year... and beyond...and many things i regret doing and not doing...and the
past...both good and bad, how it shaped who i am today...

Each Day

A new year just beginning,
Each day a fresh, new start,
To fulfill your hopes
And pursue the dreams
Sustained within your heart.

Put God in charge;
He'll plant the seeds
Of affection, love and care.
Like a garden, your life will grow
With kindness flowering there.

And as you face the wonder
Of each day's mysteries,
You'll see God's hand
Unfolding, daily, possibilities!

And as each day comes to a close,
Dream a dream or two,
Then with a prayer thank dear God
For each day given to you.

Poet, Gael Phaneuf

all of my days r in Your hands....o God...please make them Yours...let Your will be done...help me not stubbornly
persist in doing things my own way...teach me, Your ways
are greater, Your thoughts are higher....

i want Your blessings, Your love, Your abundance....and fruitfulness in my life.... and i am contending for millions
of souls....because You are a God who is able.

i believe....

No comments: