Wednesday, March 05, 2008

on PMS


excerpt from girl talk....

"Therefore, let us be content in weakness. Not that we don’t do what we can to alleviate the symptoms. We should avail ourselves of the common grace of naps and vitamins and paper plates and a shoulder to cry on and even a doctor's visit, if necessary. But our hope is not ultimately in these things. Our salvation is from God. Our hope is in His power that is sufficient to see us through.

So let us boast.

Let us tell other women of the grace of God that is sufficient. Sufficient to enable us to get a handle on our feelings. Sufficient to help us rejoice. Sufficient to cause us to grow. Sufficient to empower us to do the next thing, to sow in tears and reap in joy.

Today, women are much more educated than that grandmother about the reality of hormonal challenges. But we, as Christian women, should testify even more loudly of the grace of God that is real, the power of Christ that is sufficient."

i do relate to this some times. the feelings of PMS siness.... can be overwhelming and unreasonable to the maximum. and the feelings of self hate, disappoinment with one's behavior can get a person really down. And I do nothing but let it get to me....

So reading this, it help me realise.... there are ways to cope, to allow God's grace to be sufficient in my weakness. not that it should be an excuse for me to behave badly. but to know He gives grace. And not to be hard on myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.